2017 Guys’ Getaway Weekend
This year’s men’s event will be for guys of all ages to get away to the mountains together. This will be a great time to do whatever turns your crank. Bring the kids, their friends, the kid’s friends’ dads, invite a buddy, you get the point.
When: July 14-16th, Friday – Sunday
How much: $20 per night per person (includes breakfast)
There is open space behind the church for tents and campfires. For those not wanting to “rough it” in a tent, the church has a basement with mattresses that can be placed on the floor. Showers are available in the church basement, as is a full kitchen.
If we have more people than space, there are more campgrounds a ¼ mile away in Frisco Bay for overflow. Or Miner’s Creek dispersed camping.
What’s there to do?
- Hiking – the church’s property backs up to a mountain that can be hiked and biked.
- Fishing – Frisco Bay, Rainbow Lake just a little hike up the hill. And of course some fly fishing on the outlet waters in the Blue River.
- Frisco Adventure Park – free dirt jumping bike track, skate park, free Disc Golf
- Boating or kayaking on Dillon reservoir – rentals are available.
- Board games and card games for the less “adventurous” types
- Have fun!!!!
- We’ll meet each morning to eat breakfast and have a little devotional.
- Then we go have fun all day.
- Campfire time together
What you need to bring:
- Your own camping gear and equipment.
- Food for lunch, dinners, and snacks (only breakfast is provided)
- Your bikes, fishing gear, discs, or games that you like.
- Bring some wood for the campfires, too.
- Exit off Interstate 70 onto Hwy 9 to Breckenridge
- Drive to 8th Ave (off Hwy. 9 to Breckenridge)
- Turn Right on 8th Ave. and pass the Fire Station
- Turn right on Belford St. & go 1 block
- Turn left on S. 7th Ave. and go to the end of S. 7th Ave. (across the Bike Path)
- Street address: 1002 South 7th Avenue
Google earth map: https://goo.gl/maps/KAEZq6Bpuh42
You can download the Signup Form, fill it out and send to Rob Pipkin or Justin Bell. Or just email one of us with the requested information in the sign up form. Make a check out to Lakewood Church of Christ (Guys’ Getaway), or pay at the online payment form, put “Guys’ Getaway” in the notes field.